PHRP Certification Process
In 1996 the association began accrediting public human resource professionals for having attained a certain level of training and education relating directly to the public sector. Since then, the certification process has remained a valuable educational resource to all members.
Download the 2020-2021 Certification Application.pdf
Download the 2020-2021 Re-Certification Application.pdf
Qualifications for Certification as a Public Human Resources Professional (PHRP) are as follows:1. Current FPHRA membership, employed in a public sector human resource capacity with either agency, individual, or associate membership.
2. Attendance at three (3) of the past five (5) FPHRA Annual Conferences. These conferences are held each summer (usually late July or early August) at different locations throughout the state. The FPHRA Annual Conference is an intensive 2-½ day program of seminars and workshops on a variety of current issues of interest to public human resources professionals.
3. Attendance at one 12-hour FPHRA Pre-Conference Foundations seminar. The FPHRA Foundations seminar is a very intensive 1-½ day program normally held during the weekend immediately preceding the Annual Conference.
The objectives of the FPHRA Foundations seminar are as follows:
The Foundations seminar is intended to provide a broad overview of a variety of topics, and it is not intended that a member will attend the Foundations each year. Therefore, attendance at only ONE Foundations seminar may be counted toward the accreditation requirement
4. Attendance at 24 hours of other FPHRA approved training. This training may be any combination of the following:
*The Masters/In-Depth pre-conference seminars, each worth 12 hours of training. These seminars are very intensive workshops on topics of wide interest held concurrently with the Foundations, normally during the weekend preceding the Annual Conference. In previous years, topics have included job classification, compensation, recruitment, public records/government in the Sunshine State, employee benefits, testing and evaluation. It is intended that members will choose to attend one of the offered pre-conference seminars in years that they do not attend the Foundations seminar.
*FPHRA Regional Workshops or Webinars. These workshops are typically held throughout the year in the various regions of the state. Credit is granted for each hour attended. For example: Six hours of credit will be granted for attending a six hour regional workshop. Webinars offered throughout the year are eligible for credit when the attendee registers and logs in properly to the webinar.
Qualifications for Re-Certification as a Public Human Resources Professional (PHRP) are as follows:
1. Current FPHRA membership
2. Maintain a current FPHRA Certification as a Public Human Resources Professional for three (3) years
3. Attendance at one (1) of the past three (3) FPHRA Annual Conferences.
4. Attendance at 12 hours of FPHRA approved training. This training may be any combination of the following:
* 12-hour pre-Conference seminars (Masters/In-Depth)
* FPHRA Regional Workshops or Webinars
Recertification is valid for three (3) years. After the completion of two (2) re-certification periods, certification will be retained without further requirements.
Example of Re-Certification eligibility:
All Certification and Re-Certification applications will be reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors.
Successful applicants will be formally recognized at the next annual conference.